Salads are a great meal for summer. This is by far one of my favorites all you have to do to have a complete meal is add some grilled chicken. It is easy to make, quick and can feed a family. I have found that kids are more likely to eat it if you leave out the red onion.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- 1 pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Place spinach in a salad bowl. Top with red onion, walnuts, feta, and sprouts. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the top, and drizzle with vinaigrette.